The best time to buy a home ultimately depends on your unique circumstances and goals, but there are several benefits of buying a home in the fall.
- Fall is the second-best time of year to sell a home, which means there are still plenty of homes on the market.
- The weather is pleasant, so you can take your time house hunting and exploring neighborhoods without extreme temperatures. The hot summer months are over and the cold winter months haven’t arrived.
- The kids already started school. Most home buyers with little ones are out of the picture, which means less competition.
- The holidays aren’t here yet and home sellers usually want to sell before the holidays arrive. The fall is a great time to make offers and negotiate, especially if the home is a spring or summer leftover.
- Mortgage lenders, title companies, real estate lawyers, and moving companies can give you more quality time and quicker responses during the fall since their busiest months are during the spring and summer.
- You can shop year-end sales on appliances, TVs, furniture, carpet, paint, and more to save money on home improvement projects and home furnishings.
- You can take advantage of property tax breaks, mortgage interest tax breaks, and other qualifying tax breaks for the following year.
Our realtors live work and play in greater Boston and we would love to help you find your new home. Start your Boston area home search below or contact us today!